Do you ever feel that you are running in a circle with your yoga practice?
“In Critical Alignment Yoga, we move away from practicing ‘to feel good’, and step into practicing to realize structural, positive change.” Gert van Leeuwen, founder CAY
In-depth asana practice
In this workshop, we will analyze specific asanas that are prone to compensational movements. These compensational movements occur when we try to reach the ‘perfect picture’ of an asana, but move around the source of our tension and stress to do so. In building up an asana slowly, step-by-step, we will confront ourselves with stiffness and tension, and observe why we move around it instead of through it. Only by observing and staying in the moment, we’ll feel that tension will let go and the body can open up for structural change. The result: a feeling of lightness, spaciousness and calmness; a true feeling of being at ease.
Introduction to the CAY props
In the workshops we learn how to safely use the headstander and backbender in our practice. These tools create a unique opportunity to release muscle tension and increase movement in the spine. After the use of these props you’ll typically feel longer, lighter and more at ease in your body. Often, students describe a feeling of relief, as structural tensions finally let go.
This workshop is specifically interesting for those, who feel on guard to use the CAY props. We’ll move slowly, with a lot of hands-on help and assistance. After this workshop you’ll know why and how we use these props and feel comfortable using them in your weekly classes or during your home practice.
The workshops will be a game-changer for your personal yoga practice!
The Benefits of Critical Alignment
Through Critical Alignment you’ll learn how to:
- Deepen your body awareness by identifying your unconscious habitual patterns, and see how these habits limit movement and become sources of back (related) pain, discomfort, stress and even injury.
- Interrupt unhealthy habitual patterns from the inside out, linking your body and mind through asana, pranayama and meditation.
- Restore crucial mobility and build up core strength and balance.
- Refine your yoga practice (inversions, standing postures, forward bends, backbends, twists, and seated postures) through precise, subtle physiological adjustments.
- Enhance a sense of freedom by bringing ease and lightness into your practice and ultimately into your life.
Next In-Depth CAY Workshops
Ready to take a leap in your practice? Sign up for the workshops below!
Spring Workshop 1
Revive your Spine with Backbends
Saturday May 11, 2019
2:00 – 4:00pm
Spring Workshop 2
Dive deep into your Forward Bend
Saturday June 8, 2019
2:00 – 4:00pm
More information here
Yoga of Los Altos
377 1st Street, Los Altos, CA
FAQs about Critical Alignment Yoga Classes
Do I need prior CAY-experience to participate in the in-depth workshops?
The workshops are open to yoga newbies as well as experienced yogini’s! Read more on the workshops here, or contact Zita with any other questions.
Become a ‘C.A.Y. with Zita’-insider!
Each month, and truly only once a month, I’ll send you an email with inspiration, education and tips. It’ll be about practicing Critical Alignment Yoga based movements, exercises and consciousness, both on and off the yoga mat. So you can live actively and completely at ease!
* = information is required