Critical Alignment Yoga & TherapyBuilding a strong yet flexible foundation for your body, on and off the yoga mat.
Work with Me
What is CAY?
Critical Alignment Yoga (C.A.Y.) focuses on mobilizing the spine, in order to release muscle tension and stress, restore crucial mobility and build up core strength and balance.
In doing so, it liberates emotions and introduces a lighter, more meditative consciousness into everything you do. ‘With Critical Alignment Yoga, you will feel more free in your body and therefore life, aiding a sense of ease – on and off the yoga mat.
The Benefits of Critical Alignment Yoga & Therapy
- Deepen your body awareness by identifying your unconscious habitual patterns, and see how these habits limit movement and become sources of back (related) pain, discomfort, stress and even injury.
- Interrupt unhealthy habitual patterns from the inside out, linking your body and mind through asana, pranayama and meditation.
- Restore crucial mobility and build up core strength and balance.
- Refine your practice (inversions, standing postures, forward bends, backbends, twists, and seated postures) through precise, subtle physiological adjustments.
- Enhance a sense of freedom by bringing ease and lightness into your practice and ultimately into your life.
About Zita Van Wees
Hi! I’m Zita, a happy active soul and mom of two beautiful strong-willed ladies. I’m also a certified Critical Alignment Yoga & Therapy teacher.
Back pain, bad posture and stress symptoms are becoming an epidemic. And yes, I’ve been there myself! After years of intensive sports and intense stress from working in the corporate world, I was suffering from aggravating back pain and a chronic disease. Desperate to recover, I tried many different therapies, but nothing seemed to help. After I was introduced to Critical Alignment Yoga, my spine became much more flexible, my stiff and painful muscles started to relax, my core became stronger, but most importantly… I felt at ease in my body again, and regained trust to reclaim my active life!
How your lower back posture influences breathing and stress Were you ever focused on a task so much, that you forgot to breathe? Pffff, I certainly did! A perfect example happened when I was a dancer. I loved the fast and complicated jumping exercises, but was always...
Why runners need to pay attention to body posture and alignment Running form is a hot topic these days. And I think it should be. Your running posture defines how your body will absorb the impact of each running stride: will the impact flow freely through your body...
3 exercises to reduce neck pain Let me have a bold guess: you’re probably reading this post from a bright screen. Are you nodding? I feel you, as I’m writing this on my laptop. For me, it takes about 3 hours behind the screen, until I start to feel pressure in my...
Become a ‘C.A.Y. with Zita’-insider!
And receive my FREE video with C.A.Y. exercises, which I use when my lower back starts to act up.
Each month, I’ll send you an email with inspiration, education and tips. It’ll be about practicing Critical Alignment Yoga based movements and consciousness, both on and off the mat. So you can live actively and completely at ease!
Connect With Me